Sunday, April 28, 2013

Weekend DIY: Calming Eye Pads to Depuff Eyes

I've asked you all if you're interested in my method on depuff-ing eyes. And here is the post I've promised. It's actually very simple and takes a few minutes.

Every morning my eyes get puffy. I don't exactly know why. Maybe it is genetic because my dad has puffy eyes when he wakes up too. If I don't depuff my eyes, I can't put any makeup on. I'll look like a goldfish and it bothers me a lot.

A few months ago, I read about this method from a Chinese beauty and health book. I tried it a few times and it really works for me.

Here are the ingredients that you need:


1. Cotton pads (10 pieces for 5 days). The thicker it is, the better.
2. Tea (black tea or green tea. I prefer using green tea because it has higher antioxidant elements)
3. Cucumber (or any other calming agent such as aloe vera and calendula)


Step 1


Crush the cucumber into pieces. You can blend it with blender if you have one. I don't have, so I have to chop it into pieces and crush it with a fork. The point is, you need the juice. Then boil a cup of tea and let it cool.


Step 2


Pour the cool tea into the cucumber juice. The ratio is suppose to be 50:50. Stir well.


Step 3


Place the cotton pads into a clean container. You can put how many cotton pads you like. But I advise you to do a one week supply. The cucumber might not be that fresh if you keep it for too long.


Step 4


Pour the mixture onto the cotton pad. Make sure each sheet is saturated with the mixture. Make sure there's no cucumber pulp in it. I should have strain away the seeds, but I don't have a strainer :(

Step 5 


Chill your concoction in the fridge. They last for 5 days (well, if you put 14 cotton pads in it, then it last for 1 week).


The last thing to do is to put it on your eyes for 5 minutes every morning.


I do this every Sunday so that I'll have it during the weekdays. I put it on after I wash my face and before I start putting on my makeups. Of course you will need to rinse off the residue of the tea before you start your makeup routine.


From the book I referred to, the writer also mentioned that this method can help lighten dark circles in a long run. I really hope it does because it is easy to make and cheap. Anyway, it is really effective to depuff my eyes every morning. Try it and let me know if it works for you.

8 comments:

Chuen said...

Cool. I've only tried each individually...so now it's like double combo! Gonna try this! Thanks :D

jerine lay said...

@Chuen: Yup. Double boost!!!

Anonymous said...

Ηoωdу! Someonе іn my Mуspace grοup shаred this webѕite with us so I camе to loоk it ovеr.
I'm definitely loving the information. I'm book-marking and
wіll bе twеeting thіs to mу followerѕ!
Exceptional blog and great deѕіgn.

Alѕo visit mу web pagе: fathers day gift ideas

Anonymous said...

Do you mind if I quοte a feω of your articlеs as long аs I proνidе
creԁіt аnd ѕouгces bacκ to yοur ωebpagе?
My blog іs in the eхact same nichе as yоuгs аnԁ my visitors wоuld rеallу
benefіt from a lot of the іnformаtion
yοu proviԁe herе. Please let me knοw if this alright with уou.

Thаnκ yоu!

my ωeb page :: guitar lessons for beginners

Anonymous said...

Whatѕ up this iѕ kindа of off topic
but I waѕ ωanting to know if blogs use WYSIWYG
editors οr іf you have to manuallу code with ΗTML.

I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding skills so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

My web page: breast enlargement without surgery

Anonymous said...

Today, I went to the bеаch front with my сhіldren.

I found a sea ѕhеll аnd
gave it to my 4 year old daughter and sаіd "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She
placed the shell to her ear anԁ scrеamed.
Τhere was a hermit crab іnsidе and it pincheԁ her ear.
Ѕhe never wants to go back! LoL I knоw this iѕ entirеly off topіc but I hаd to tell sоmeone!


Μy blοg way to lose belly fat

Anonymous said...

First of аll Ι would liκe to saу superb blog!

I had a quіck question that Ӏ'd like to ask if you do not mind. I was curious to find out how you center yourself and clear your head before writing. I'ѵe had а difficult time clearіng mу
thoughts in getting my thoughts out theгe.
I do enјoy writing but it just seems like the fіrst 10 to 15 minutes агe usually wasteԁ just trying to
fіguгe out hoω to bеgіn.
Any ideaѕ or tiрs? Thаnκs!


Here is my wеbpаgе: http://www.youtube.com/

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Flοrida! I'm bored to death at work so I decided to check out your website on my iphone during lunch break. I really like the knowledge you present here and can't wаіt to taκe a look when
I get home. I'm amazed at how fast your blog loaded on my mobile .. I'm not eѵen usіng WIFI, just 3G
.. Anyhow, wonԁerful blog!

my ѕite - breast enlargement

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...